The Taylor-Brawner Park, on the site of the former Brawner Hospital campus, opened in April 2009 as the landmark park for Smyrna. The park development cost $9.2 million, which was funded from the $22 million park bond in 2005.
The 12-acre Taylor-Brawner Park on Atlanta Road features walking trails around a large lawn, a gazebo, a large playground and a picnic pavilion, adult swings, a small seating area for concerts and a fountain near the entrance.
The city also renovated the 100-year-old main hospital building for city offices, a reception and classroom. The Taylor-Brawner Foundation raised $427,000 to restore the Taylor-Brawner house built in 1890 on the property.
The house is available to be rented for meetings and parties.
Taylor-Brawner Park is expected to be a popular spot, so be sure to check it out.