Riverview Landing, the newest development from Atlanta-based real estate investment and management firm Jamestown, announced it will kick off the grand opening of “The Market” and Georgia’s newest dog pasture on Saturday, May 12, with “Dog Days at The Market” spring festival. The day’s proceeds will benefit Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption.
The day’s festivities include:
- Opening of The Market, plants, seedlings, and local, organic produce available for purchase
- Kick-off of free educational seminars on eating and living well, gardening, and green techniques
- Vendors, local coffee and food trucks serving tasty dishes
- Adult beverages available for purchase
- Live Bluegrass and Americana music played on the River Stage with solar power provided by Tree Sound Studios
- Swings and picnic benches along the river
- Bicycle-friendly activities and servicing stations
- Dog-related events and shows, such as agility trials and sheep herding
- Over 40 vendors selling pet-friendly organic crafts, games, and other items
Dogs are welcome to roam in Georgia’s newest dog pasture, the five-acre, fenced-in area which runs along the Chattahoochee River.
While entrance is free to the festival, donations will be accepted from patrons, vendors, and partners to benefit Atlanta Pet Rescue & Adoption.
Riverview Landing’s Market is a farm stand where patrons may purchase plants and seedlings from Garden*Hood and local, organic produce – grown, harvested, and sold on-site by Fresh Roots Farm. The Market will be open for seven weeks on Saturday mornings, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., after the May 12 kick-off event.
In addition to purchasing items from The Market, patrons are also able to attend any part of the eight week series of educational seminars, which start on May 12. The seminars are free and focus on eating and living well, gardening, rainwater harvesting, and other green techniques.
While The Market is open, dog owners are welcome to bring their pets to play in the dog pasture.
Riverview Landing is located along the Chattahoochee River at 6271 River View Road, SE, Mableton, Georgia. Riverview Landing is an emerging mixed-use community that is situated along the Chattahoochee River in Cobb County, Ga. This easily accessible, innovative development takes full advantage of its riverside location, mixing single family homes, townhomes, apartments and senior living with retail and recreational amenities designed for an active lifestyle.