Campbell High School is the high school supporting the Smyrna Vinings area. The current Principal is Dr. Grant Rivera. Campbell High is located at 5265 Ward Street, Smyrna, GA 30080, which is just west of Smyrna Market Village and south of Windy Hill Road. Their contact number is 678-842-6850.
Campbell High School is one of sixteen high schools in the Cobb County School System. The school was officially named after Orme Campbell, a successful businessman in Atlanta, who sold the land on which the original school was built. Orme Campbell Campbell High School opened in 1952 with the merger of Smyrna High School and Fitzhugh Lee high School. It opened with a total of 425 students in grades 8-11.
In 1989, Orme Campbell High School and F.T. Wills High School merged to form a new Smyrna High School. Prior to the merger, Campbell students were known as the Green and White PANTHERS and Wills students were known as the Red and Black TIGERS. The students united together in selecting new colors, Royal Blue and Silver, and a new mascot, the SPARTANS. In 1990, the courts overruled the name change of the school, and the name Campbell High School was reinstated. Since the ruling pertained only to the school name, it was decided the new colors and the new mascot would be left unchanged.
Campbell High School is home to Cobb County’s International Baccalaureate program. Campbell High started the International Baccalaureate Program in the fall of 1997 as a Cobb County magnet program. The IB Diploma Program is a comprehensive, pre-university course of study that incorporates international perspectives within a rigorous core curriculum in both the math/science and humanities areas of the curriculum.
Simply click here to learn more about Campbell High School.
If you would like to find a home in the Campbell High School district, simply click here.